Tuesday, August 21, 2012

When it's raining outside, it makes me want to sleep. I first discovered this on a trip to Oregon with my Dad, because we went to visit my grandparents and I think I must've slept about 20 hours a day. Or more. I don't really remember much about that trip, except the headboard on the bed I was sleeping in. It was a really old headboard that they had gotten from one of their extended family members, and it had been in the room of a little boy, and he had carved little wieners in it that weren't visible except when someone was lying on the bed, depressing the mattress a bit. That was hilarious to me.

So, in between giggling about that and watching The Price is Right (and eating fried pies, which are, of course, God's gift to mankind), I slept.

This week has been like that so far, except that I can't sleep all day. But I really really want to. A lot.

Maybe I'll make fried pies instead. They are truly amazing, but I've never made them because I have this fear of making anything deep-fried (i.e., that I'll splash hot grease in my face and it will melt off like that guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark). Maybe that should be this week's project.

Because we need more fried foods and/or pie. Yeah.


No comments:

Post a Comment