Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday is upon us. I should've known it was coming, because Thursday almost always follows Wednesday, and that was yesterday. Ugh. I hate Thursday.

Being more positive doesn't work out so well for me, at least not at 6 in the morning.

I will try to focus on the fact that I learned about snarts last night (thank you, Liz Lemon) and I made one heck of a batch of pear butter (secret spice...can't tell you, as I think I may make one million dollars from it) and I'm selling my homemade shrug thingies like crazy (the ladies love them).

Those are good things, right? Enough to counteract the ugh that I'm walking into, right?

Yeah...going to keep telling myself that.

I have discovered that, rather than being one of those awesome people who don't give a poo about what other people think of them, I am, in fact, the opposite. So much so that I do things to try to make people like me even when I know that this kind of thing won't really make them like me: They'll like the things I do for them, which isn't the same at all.

Or is it?

I think, maybe, yes. Maybe bribery and general ass-kissery is the way to go. Maybe I need to bake everyone's favorite cakes and buy them all ponies and bring a unicorn into work (not going to lie...I would probably be impressed with myself if I could do that) and put up flowers everywhere. And pretend to be interested in things which really actually make me puke. I am going to be so successful if I can actually follow my plan. Everyone will love me and I'll get a raise and strangers will want to be my patrons (hint, hint) and I won't even have to sing at auditions anymore. They'll all just know of my awesomeness and they'll hire me straight away.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Now I just need to get me some niceness. Ugh again. Maybe I'll just stick with my bad attitude. It seems way easier this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment