Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yesterday I was in Albuquerque, stuck on the on-ramp to I-40, which they had completely closed off because, apparently, Michelle Obama was coming through. Now, I'm all for people getting to hear the President's wife talk, but it kind of sucked.


No, wait. It really sucked. It was hot and the sun was shining directly into my side of the car. I sat there for 45 minutes. Forty-five. I couldn't just leave the car running because I didn't want to waste gas, so I rolled down the windows and listened to my iPod, all the while having no idea why the entire interstate was empty.


It did, however, provide ample opportunity for people watching, and I got to see something I've always wanted to see: The guy who thinks he doesn't have to follow the rules and wait like everybody else got into trouble!


He decided to just start backing up and turning around to try to get on the highway elsewhere. I guess he didn't notice all the cop cars with their lights on in a line across the interstate. So he pushes his way around (in a ginormous SUV), drives the wrong way up the ramp and tries to go out into traffic, which fails, so he then drives back down the ramp on the shoulder, and just goes out onto the highway. 


Yeah, they stopped him. Pulled him out of the car and searched him. Then they had him pull his car onto the shoulder of I-40 and just sit there. I know I was applauding on the inside, and I would bet everyone else was, too. 


He was still sitting there as I drove away 15 minutes or so later. Ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment