Friday, May 11, 2012

This morning, I took part in the epic battle between good and evil, which is another way of saying that I tried to pack my lunch for work. What's the battle part? Well, I know that I should take fruit and a yogurt and some almonds, but what I really want to do is take a Pop-Tart.


They are delicious and they have frosting.


I couldn't figure out what to do, so I decided to do my computer stuff and have my coffee while I was thinking about it. Distractions are a very important part of the epic battle. They're pretty much my first line of defense against The Evil Fruit and Veg.


It's not that I don't like fruits and vegetables; I just don't feel like being particularly virtuous this morning, especially because it's a Friday and I've done extremely well with my dieting this week. My brain keeps telling me it's time for a vacation, even though I have a goal to reach and those pants aren't going to just magically fit, unless someone out there knows how to get hold of a unicorn. I sure don't.


Also, I realize that I could compromise and have one Pop-Tart and the yogurt, and that way I'd have some healthy food along with my crap, but no. Eating only one Pop-Tart is like popping a bag of microwave popcorn, with all its delicious buttery goodness and eating just a few pieces before carefully putting the rest away for later. That's just not going to happen. I need to just go ahead and have both Pop-Tarts, because I know that I'll be thinking of the other Pop-Tart with all of its frosting sugary craptasticness all day long and I'll just go home and eat it anyway.


Poo. I can feel it calling to me. Evil toaster pastry, with your brightly colored sprinkles. Ack. Did I mention the sprinkles before? I don't think I did, but they are, indeed, brightly colored. Much as a rainbow is brightly colored, except you can eat this rainbow and it will live inside your stomach, making you feel happy and contented.


I can see where this is going. I guess today I lost the good fight. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.


Plus, it's the last Pop-Tart.



No comments:

Post a Comment