Thursday, May 3, 2012

Some days, I have time to look through the window into the hall that is the view from my desk and watch people go by. This is turning me into an expert on human behavior. For instance, I know that every day at 8 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 2:15 pm, and 4 pm, the lady that works into the office down the hall is going to go to the bathroom and be in there for 10 minutes. This means that if I'm going to go pee, I have to make sure to do it before those times so I don't have to go in there after she's been in there. It's not any fun. It also makes me very happy that I don't need to go spend 10 minutes in the bathroom that many times in a day because it must be hard to get anything done.

I also know that every other Thursday, a lady that works in another office down the hall is going to walk right past my window, remember she has an envelope to bring me and then have to walk all the way back and drop it off. She forgets every time, and this has been going on for as long as I've been here, which is over two years.

My favorite, however, is the nose picker. Apparently, he's not aware that our window is two-way. Yep, buddy, I can see you standing out there, digging for gold. In your suit. Every day, right around 1 pm (I'm guessing he's coming back from lunch) he walks past the window absentmindedly picking his nose. Every single day. I want to wave at him so he knows I can see him, but it's too entertaining/disgusting and I can't bring myself to ruin his happy time.

All of this raises a question in my brain: I go on a walk with my husband most evenings at around the same time, and we follow the same route and my exercise pants almost always give me a wedgie which I must attend to. Am I the 7:30 wedgie lady to somebody?

I certainly hope so. That means that I am providing free entertainment for my fellow citizens. I know, I just solidified my status as your hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment