Thursday, May 10, 2012

Normally, I'm the kind of person who can't go back to sleep once my eyes have opened in the morning. If I'm awake, that's it until the next night. This morning, however, I had a brand-new weird experience: I woke up 15 minutes before my alarm went off, but instead of lying there, thinking about what I'm going to wear or some other such nonsense, I fell back asleep. Me. I know, weird, right? Well, it was.


Anyhow, I didn't know I was asleep, and I was dreaming that I was going through my normal routine: Getting up, taking my pills, etc., all the regular things, nothing unusual except that my boss was there, and so was her assistant. They were sleeping in my guest room, so there was a huge line for our shower and I couldn't get in to my closet to get clothes because she kept trying to tell me this story about when she was a kid and getting annoyed because I wasn't paying attention to her. Maybe I should've caught on about the whole dream part there, but I didn't. Nor did I realize that it was a dream when I went into my kitchen and there was a big pot full of (I kid you not) boiling butter on the stove that my mom had put on at some point to make Chicken and Rice, which isn't really something that my mom makes, because none of us like rice that much. I don't know how I knew my mom had started it, but it was one of my mom's pots, not one of mine, so maybe that's what did it. So I still don't realize I'm dreaming, and my boss keeps trying to get me to take 2 Benadryl for some reason. I finally escape into the bathroom, where a blinding light starts flashing in my face...


...and I wake up. My alarm clock is one of those ones where it flashes a light for five minutes before ringing the loud bell that scares the crap out of a person. I wear earplugs most nights, so the bell doesn't always cut it, but the light's not bad. So, anyway, I wake up and realize that I was actually sleeping, and there's no boss or butter on my stove or Benadryl. This is all pretty good, because it was kind of stressing me out.


Then I start getting ready, and everything I'm seeing and doing feels like déjà vu, which is just creepy. At least I got that extra 15 minutes of sleep. Thank goodness I could check my computer to make sure I hadn't already made this post today. That would've really freaked me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment