Friday, May 4, 2012

When your morning goes as well as mine did and you decide, "Hey! I'm going to wear my favorite shirt and shoes!" you know the poop's going to hit the fan.

In case you're wondering, that's my day so far.

I woke up early after having slept really well and keeping my nightguard in all night, which is quite a feat for me. I usually have to get under the bed and retrieve it from where it was thrown and then go soak it and brush it so it doesn't have dust bunnies on it. I'm also pretty sure I didn't wake my husband up in the middle of the night to ask him any stupid questions, or to tell him to stop tapping me on the head, so that's good, too.

I didn't have to be at work until an hour later than usual, too, so I had lots of time to sit at the computer, doing nothing. That's my favorite way to wake up , because my brain is usually not capable of any complicated thoughts for at least an hour after waking.

I should've known that, the way my morning was going, putting on my favorite shirt and pair of shoes was almost going to guarantee a crappy morning at work. Of course, that would require more thought than I'm usually capable of before 10 am, so I guess that wasn't going to happen, anyway.

Still, though, can I not just have one perfect morning, unbesmirched by screw-ups? I have on red wedge sandals, for crying out loud. Red wedge sandals. I only get to wear them twice a year or so because they don't really match most of my clothes, even though I love the heck out of them. Psh. Blergh. Ack.

At least it seems like the storm has passed and things are running smoothly. Wait. I shouldn't have said that.

Yikes. I screwed up again, and crazy just walked through the door. Touché, Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment