Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Most people aren't terribly complicated. They think they are, but they're really not. I know this because I can definitely recognize my fellow shallow people. It's kind of like radar. This fake deepness is most amusing when the person thinks he's deep, then says things he thinks will sound profound. You know, things along the lines of, "If you're always spinning, you must simply stop spinning and appreciate where you are." (This is not an actual comment; I just made it up to illustrate my point.)


It kind of sounds, at least to me, like someone has been reading too many fortune cookies. Then, other people make positive comments, and I want to smack them. Don't encourage other people to say lame things in hopes that they're really not as shallow as they are. Ugh.


This is a really wide-spread problem, and Facebook doesn't help at all. We need to band together to stop stupid people from making deep-sounding comments that are, in actuality, just saying the same thing backwards. It's pretty much the real-life equivalent of what The Sphinx does in the movie "Mystery Men." All he does is say things such as, "He who questions training only trains himself at asking questions." Yeah. That's really meaningful and complicated. Whoever said that must be a freaking genius.


Not everyone is a genius. Not everyone is gifted in the cranial area. Some of us have to make do with other talents. I, for instance, can crochet as well as being able to find a scene from Family Guy that will fit almost any situation that should arise. Believe me, that skill has saved the day many a time.


I do believe, however, that stupid people should be encouraged to write blog pages about other stupid people. That, my friends, is awesome. Like this Pegasus.



No comments:

Post a Comment