Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yes, it's time for yet another open letter to someone who's not ever going to read it...

Dear D-Bag Who Almost Hit Me Yesterday As I Was Crossing The Street:

I realize that you have a BMW, and I know that owning one of those bad boys is an awesome responsibility. You're pretty much required to go at least ten miles an hour over the speed limit. However, I'd really appreciate it if you'd look when you're making a left turn onto a street to see if anyone may be crossing. As it was dusk and I wasn't wearing a big old reflective vest or anything, I can see that visibility may have been a bit poor, but the fact that I was crossing at a legally acceptable crossing and the fact that I was crossing right underneath a streetlight might've given you a clue that a pedestrian just maybe might've been in the street. I was directly under the lights, buddy. Yeah.

Oh, and here's a tip: When driving in White Rock, the speed limit is 25, not 45. I can see how telling the difference between a 2 and a 4 might be a little difficult for someone such as yourself who obviously has vision difficulties, and perhaps intellectual ones, as well, but perhaps if you'd...I don't know...slowed down a tad before turning, you may have noticed the two large adult people crossing under the streetlight. One of whom (yep, me) you came less than a foot away from smashing.

Just in case you're wondering, if you had hit me, I would've made sure that not only did you lose your BMW (which would've been completely covered with my innards), but I would've sued you for a crap-ton of money, and if I would've died, my husband would've beat the holy hell out of you and my ghost would've haunted you forever, and I've seen enough scary movies to know how to get my spooky on. Just in case you're unsure on that point.

So, maybe, just maybe, slow down a little and look before you turn. Oh, and if you start turning and you see that you're about to hit someone, applying brakes is also a good idea. That's the little pedal just to the left of the gas pedal, which you're apparently comfortable using.

Have a super day, D-Bag.

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment