Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I've decided to take a hiatus from being productive. This means that any and all crafting done will be the kind of crafting I love the most. That kind of crafting is the kind where I look at something and think, "Hmmm...that looks cool. I wonder if I could make it?"

Generally, I then google whatever it is and try to find some free instructions on the web and then make sure it only uses whatever I already have lying around the house (because if I have to go spend money on it, then I might as well buy it at the store).

I then spend a few hours cussing and breaking stuff, and then, voilĂ ! I have just made something that I was curious about. That's pretty much how the last few days of crafting have been. I've made a few little makeup bags and a big hobo bag, mostly because it has the name hobo in the title, and that's one of my favorite words. Also, I put the straps sideways on it so I could use it for yarn and not have any obstructions. So it looks kind of funny and I didn't realize it was the straps until my lovely husband pointed it out. Oh, well. At least that mystery is solved. It will be more functional for me, though, so that's what matters. Right? Sure.

Next up is learning how to do a cable knit thingy. It may or may not be a scarf...it's pretty slow going and I may end up quitting as soon as I see (or don't see) the cable coming out. Knitting is much harder than crocheting for me to do, so I hope I get better at it. Right now it requires so much concentration that I feel as if my head's going to explode.

I may also try baking something cool that no one makes at home. Or I may just make Danish again, because they were awesome. We'll see. For sure, though, I will totally be unproductive for a few more days, because it's just so much more fun.

I do totally recognize that my version of being unproductive requires productivity, by the way. That's just how it works around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment