Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sometimes spell-check makes me wonder. If I'm typing this before 7 a.m., which I usually am, and it's dark in here, which it usually is, because I have no lights on my keyboard, and since I've never learned how to type without at least glancing at the keyboard for reassurance, sometimes typing in the dark means I inadvertently switch letters. Inadvertently, of course, because I would never, ever actually misspell anything if I could actually see my keyboard. It's my super power.

Anyhow, then the stupid spell-check kicks in. My biggest issue is that it will auto-correct a word like "teh" to "the," which is fine, but it lulls me into a sense of security and then it takes a word like "poopie," (which it says is misspelled, but I say otherwise) and changes it into something ridiculous, like "people," which is nowhere near what I want it to say.

Then I have to go back a click the x on the little box that pops up with it's stupid helpful suggestions.

I guess I could just turn it off but then I'd have to fix all the other little errors that it actually does correct, and that would be lame because I am much too much too busy for stuff like that.

Or maybe I just need to stop using made-up words (like craptastic and douchbaggery).

This page is chock-full of red squiggly lines now...awesome. Take that, spell-check. I'm not fixing those errors and you're going to have to live with it because there's no substitute for longer words like those. Hahahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment