Friday, October 26, 2012

Today is the day all of the merchants in town give little kids candy if they come in dressed up. Why did we not get two opportunities to wear our Halloween costumes when we were kids? That is stupid and unfair.

I say we should have more grownup times for costumes. I don't own a cape, but I'd like to, and I have plenty of pairs of tights. I really wanted to go as Justin Bieber this year and have my husband go as Selena Gomez, but I couldn't talk him into it. Maybe next year.

As a kid, I always had big dreams of filling up my pillowcase with candy, but I was too chubby to walk that far, and I'd get tired after a few streets and then my Dad would have to carry me home. I still have that dream, but I don't think my Dad can carry me home, so if I walk too far I'll just be stuck.

Maybe, instead of going out and trick-or-treating (I realize I'm too old for that...just let me have my dream) I could go out to the merchants and tell them I have a kid and she's sick at home, so I'm collecting candy for her (I realize I could buy my own candy, but that ruins all of the fun times). Then, I could get all sorts of candy...maybe even a pillowcase full.

Yeah. I'll do that.

Or maybe I'll just go to the store and buy some of those Reese's peanut butter pumpkins I've heard about. They sound flipping delicious. That's much easier, and I won't even have to Bieber my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment