Thursday, October 18, 2012

While cleaning yesterday, I came to the realization that every single time I'm doing any sort of cleaning activity, I have an imaginary conversation with someone who's not there about a real incident with a person I'm mad at.

So I guess even in my delusional way, I'm too non-confrontational.

Maybe I need to have my pretend conversation with the actual person who was unkind or whatever. Usually whatever. Sometimes very little things hurt my feelings, thus an imaginary conversation versus a real one. Also, I generally discover that whatever it was that made me mad sounds really stupid when I say it out loud.

It could be a cathartic thing for me, but really it just makes me wonder how much of it my neighbors can hear, and whether or not they realize that it's a one-sided talk with an imaginary person and not a phone call or something like that. Some times when I finish my spiel I even do a little, "hanging up the phone" good-bye, so just in case someone's listening, they won't think I'm completely bonkers.

Which I totally am.

Still, though. You've gots to get it out, right? Maybe next time I'll try the imaginary person I'm actually upset with, as opposed to talking to a neutral, completely pretend, third party. Maybe that will be more constructive.

Or maybe I should stop cleaning. Yeah, I think that's the answer. I'll just spray a little Pledge in the air and pretend that I've dusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment