Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I left my phone on last night, which is something that I rarely do, because every time I leave it on at night, I get drunk-dialed. A lot.

So guess who got drunk-dialed last night? At 1 a.m.? Three times?

At least the phone was in our T.V room and not in our bedroom, but I still heard it. I didn't check it, though, until this morning, and I thought it might've been a bad dream, but there it was, on my caller ID.

So, Brenda (yep, I looked it up online and it's a 21-year-old girl from Santa Fe, so I'm pretty sure it was a wrong number), thanks ever so much for enriching my life with your confusion and for giving me someone to laugh at this morning, because I had a whole scenario in my head that involved you trying to reach your ex-boyfriend and being frustrated because his message was different and no one was picking up, even though you kept calling. I even had you saying the word 'hijole' a lot because, well, after all, this is NM, and that is what you say when you're drunk-dialing your ex at one in the morning (at least, if you're part of the drama being re-enacted in my brain). Next time, please leave me a drunken message, because that is so much funnier, and if my phone's not on, it won't even bother me and I can play it for all of the people in my office the next day.

That's what normal people do, right? Sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment