Friday, October 5, 2012

I finally had a good weigh-in this morning.

Well, I guess I've been having them for a while, because in my book, staying the same or losing two-tenths of a pound is still positive, but it's nothing like seeing a pound and a half down when you step on that evil little piece of plastic.

Seriously...I think it may be possessed. Just a little.

I've been dieting most of my life, but really seriously for the last two and a half years, and the last eight months or so have really just been about maintaining, so it's nice to get a little progress in there.

Especially since I know what the progress is from.

We switched over to full-fat dairy, and I haven't been buying any more lowfat anything. I heard a co-worker talking about going to a nutritionist, and she said he told her that full-fat stuff is better for you. I didn't really need to hear the "why" portion of the conversation, as I loves me some fat.

So we made the switch.

Same amount of calories every day, just more fat. It does mean less food, but I have to say that real butter and whole milk are freaking awesome. Plus, it's been ingrained in my brain since the days when I was little and my mom was the one on the diet that whole milk is bad, so I feel deliciously evil as I have my cereal.

Bahahahahaha.

Maybe it's just coincidence, but I don't care. I'm pretty happy about it. I think maybe the next phase of my diet should be finding a nutritionist that says regular Coke is healthy, because if I had a diet that included butter, whole milk, cheese, ice cream AND Coke, I would think I'd died and gone to heaven. Mmmmmm. Regular soda. I love the sugary goodness, plus it gives me that hyperactivity that other people mistake for giving a crap!

I think I should write their ads.

Ah, well, I'd better stay on track. I still have pants that I bought on clearance in an optimistic moment that I'd like to be able to zip up at some point.

Pretty happy about the fat being a good idea, though. Lowfat just isn't as delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment