Friday, July 6, 2012

Since I'm pretty much a famous writer now, I hope you appreciate these nuggets of wisdom I'm sharing with you. After all, I did have my review published in the local newspaper, and I'm pretty sure my mom has shown it to the entire world.


So, yeah, famous.


Of course, today at around three o'clock, when I'm in a hurry to get out of work and I have ink all over my right forearm and my face hurts from smiling at people even when they're rude to me and my ear hurts because I just got yelled at over the phone because some guy needs an appointment at a time when no appointment is available, then talk to me about the perks of being famous.


Being a grown-up kind of sucks.


However, this weekend and next week are going to help remedy that greatly. This weekend is going to be seriously awesome. I've been planning it for...oh, I don't know...FOREVER, and I'm so excited I can't sit still in my chair. There may be some pants-wetting action. It's my husband's birthday and it's going to be off the hook, yo! For reals (if you didn't read that with my voice in your head, sounding exactly like Flava Flav's voice, you should probably go back and try it again....it's much more fun that way)! Can't say what we're doing, as it's a surprise and he's pretty much 50% of my blog audience, but whoa.


Then, next week, Riedel family fun and togetherness time shall commence, meaning mostly that I'll be watching a lot of RuPaul's Drag Race and Amazing Stories with someone who understands my need to talk at the TV and run away when someone does something embarrassing. That will just enhance my TV-watching time immensely. Huzzah!


See, children, that's how adults get through life: We plan little happy activities for ourselves so when three o'clock hits, we don't take a bat to our printer, which has just jammed up for the ninetieth time, or start swearing at the next lady who comes in to ask if I know what that sore on her arm is (yeah, we're not that kind of office, but it happens all of the time). We just imagine piƱa coladas or maybe some hot buttered toast, depending on what floats our boats.


At this point, I have nothing left to say. I shouldn't ever mention toast, as it's too much of a distraction and now I can't think of anything else. Happy weekend...I leave you with the divine image of toast. Steve Jobs toast.











No comments:

Post a Comment