Friday, July 13, 2012

Let me just say that when I exercise, I do not look good. I realize most people don't, but I'm pretty sure that if we ranked people in order of physical hotness while working out, I would be somewhere in the bottom ten percent. This is probably because I am angry and resentful that I have to exercise in the first place, and in addition, I do not enjoy it, nor will I ever enjoy it, and I pretty much want to die the entire time it's happening. Plus, I've been told that I'm a handsome woman, which is definitely not in the realm of hotness; more along the lines of Bea Arthur than Megan Fox.

So I don't look like Miss Merry Sunshine (but when do I ever, really?).

Thus, I would like to applaud the braveness of the two missionary ladies who attempted to stop my husband and I while we were out walking the other day. Seriously. We had to be one of the scariest looking couples ever, what with my general expression of irritation with the world, and my husband's ferocious hill-climbing face going on. We had just reached the place in our walk where we're going about as fast as we ever go, and we were getting close to the end of a longish incline, and these two missionaries pop up from out of nowhere(keep in mind, they're doing all of this while smiling and looking not-so-sweaty), and ask my husband if they can read his t-shirt.

Really.

This is one of those scenarios I wouldn't have believed if it hadn't happened, merely because I would've thought they would've addressed this in missionary training. DON'T STOP PEOPLE WHO ARE EXERCISING. Particularly if they're chubby and look like there's a possibility of them removing your head. We had such a good pace going, too. They were super nice and all, but come on.

They were skinny, so they obviously exercise a lot (I have to tell myself that because if I would've accepted the fact that they were both just naturally skinny, I wouldn't have been able to control myself). They should know better. Argh. They're not going to convert someone by destroying any forward momentum he may have going, no matter how polite they are.

They were very brave, so I will give them points for that. They probably shouldn't try it again, though. I may not be able to hold back my inner Incredible Hulk.

No comments:

Post a Comment