Monday, July 30, 2012

I broke down and joined Pinterest. Everyone was talking about how great it is and I thought I'd give it a go. Here are my thoughts:

First of all, I like it way better than Twitter. Twitter was too aimed at other people and the pressure of coming up with clever tweets on a daily basis was way too high for me, seeing as how most people probably don't appreciate my fart humor nearly as much as I do. Oh well, at least I think I'm hilarious.

Secondly, I like pictures. A lot. They are colorful and pretty and I think I may need 500 boards because I don't like the whole mixing of topics thing. 

Which goes along with the third thing: Why the cuss do they give me a bunch of pre-named boards? That isn't going to divide up my pictures properly. I made my own boards, named Random and Crafty-something-or-other (I can't remember...it's been like a day) and now I'm super unhappy because I know I need to go back and organize.

Finally, I think I may be in trouble. There are way too many crafting projects on there that look like ultra super mega fun. I do love to craft, particularly when I'm going through an "I hate my job" phase, which, for me, has been going on since 2010. Yep. I hate it but I'm sticking it out. Weighing my options.

Maybe I need to make an I Hate My Job board.

Maybe I need to get a better attitude and just be glad that I have a job.

Maybe I need to distract myself with bright and happy images of what thin people have in their homes, wear, do on weekends, and eat and drink (without fear of whether or not their pants will fit on Monday). 

Aaaaand we're right back to why I joined Pinterest. Ah, it's the fricking circle of life. I think I may need more coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment