Monday, March 5, 2012

This weekend, I was going to do a special Saturday post, but I didn't, as I couldn't think of anything good to say. I think my brain had already gone away for the weekend.


I think it may still be gone; however, I will attempt to write something entertaining for you. Today's post will be a work of fiction, originally written by me and my sister one night while we were in the car, waiting for it to be time to go into the movie theater. I don't remember the story very well, so I'm making up a new one, but using the characters we invented. Here we go!


Once upon a time (you have to start with that or else your story will be lame), there was a beautiful kingdom in the clouds. These weren't regular clouds, like the kind we have here. No, these were magical pink clouds, made of cotton candy, but non-sticky. You could actually eat them but if you ate too much, you could fall through, so everybody was pretty careful about that.


In this cotton candy cloud kingdom, which was called Flantana (that rhymes with Montana), everyone was happy all of the time, even though they were a bit fat, what with all of the cotton candy and no one having to work because they were magical people. King Parkay ruled the land, but since everyone was happy and magical, no one ever got into fights or got sick or anything. They just smiled and sang songs and ate dessert all day, kind of like a big hippie commune, except everyone took showers and they really didn't go in for free love.


One day, King Parkay was flying around on his friend the Pegasus, who was named Valderama. Valderama asked King Parkay, "Why don't we ever go visit the people in Brusston?" (Brusston was a neighboring land but it wasn't a cotton candy cloud kingdom, like Flantana.) King Parkay said, "I don't know! We should go there right now!" He was kind of excitable, but in a good way, so everyone liked him. Anyway, off they flew, to visit their neighbors.


As they approached Brusston, they could see that it was built on top of a big mound of what looked like mashed potatoes, which seemed very delicious, but was in fact white mud, which was not delicious at all. The people all looked kind of cranky, as well. As Valderama came to a stop and landed by a big tree, they heard a loud, booming voice that said, "Who are you and what is your business in Brusston?" King Parkay said, "Excuse me, we didn't mean to trespass. My name is King Parkay and this is my friend, Valderama. We are here to visit your lovely land!" The voice said, "Hmmmm. That's very interesting. Do you have your papers?" Valderama said, "No, we don't have any papers, but we can go get them, if you'll tell us what kind of documentation you require." The voice said, "Well, we usually require a credit card and a photo ID, which we will only use if you cause damage to something in our land." King Parkay said, "That sounds reasonable, but I don't have a credit card. Will a debit card be acceptable?" The voice replied, "Sure."


So Valderama and King Parkay flew back to Flantana, but decided not to go back to Brusston after they'd retrieved their photo IDs and a debit card, because they'd noticed that the white mud made their shoes/hooves very dirty and they didn't want to deal with cleaning it off again. Plus, it was time for dessert and they didn't want to miss it, as it was chocolate peanut butter fun cake, and that is the best cake in the world.


The end.


I know, I should've been a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment