Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm drinking coffee and writing this on a laptop. This makes me feel like the episode of Family Guy where these two guys are writing on laptops in a coffee shop, because they're only real writers when other people see them write. Except, well, I'm alone in my house so maybe I should go into the room where the bird is so I can get validated.


Or not. That's not really my style, plus I'm in a very comfortable chair.


I'm feeling like my blog doesn't have enough adjective-y/adverb-y sentences. You know, with words like "luscious" and "magnificent." I'm going to remedy this today by telling you all about my bagel-making day yesterday. That way, my blog will be pretty and fancy like everyone else's, and I won't feel left out.


Yesterday, I decided to make two tasty batches of appetizing bagels to send to my work. I had bravely experimented the day before and made two outstanding batches for my family, but I wanted to try again, because, as luscious as the results were, the bagels I made didn't look very magnificent. Therefore, I decided to tweak the recipe and make a batch of decadent chocolate chip bagels. I also decided to shape the bagels in a different way, to make them look more like delicious store-bought bagels and less like unappetizing circles of tan dog poo (oops, I mean feces). This delightful experiment was a success, and my bagels were true masterpieces of culinary perfection. 


Okay, enough with the fancy paragraph (about food, no less). I just made myself throw up. I think them purty words ain't fer me. I'll just stick to my banjo and my commas. I did sneak the word "feces" in there, though, didn't I? Ah, mission accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment