Thursday, February 16, 2012

As I have mentioned in a previous post, Costco can be hazardous. I didn't realize how terrible these hazards could be until this morning, so I want to warn everybody out there, in order that they, too, might avoid the fate that has befallen me.


I bought a huge bag of gross coffee.


It was just like any other day, except that I'd recently decided to switch from the coffee I normally buy at Costco to a coffee they sell at Trader Joe's. Mind you, I have to drive an hour to get to a Trader Joe's and two hours to get to a Costco, so it seemed to make sense. However, the day in question was a day I just happened to be going by the Costco, when I just happened to have enough extra time to stop in. As my husband and I are going down the aisle by the coffee, he says, "Don't you need some coffee?" and I say, "No. Remember, I'm switching to the Trader Joe's one, because I like it better."


Then, it happened.


My husband said, "Hey! This one looks pretty good, and I don't know if we'll have time to stop at Trader Joe's on the way home. Maybe you should just try it."


So I brought it home.


Yesterday morning, I ran out of my other coffee. I ground enough of this new one for a couple of days, so I wouldn't have to run the grinder and wake anyone up this morning. I thought to myself that the coffee smelled pretty good, and I was looking forward to trying it this morning. If I'd only known.


I poured my first cup and sat down to answer my emails. Then, I took a drink. The coffee assaulted me. I kind of want to sue it for harassment. It's that bad. It tastes like cat pee, but worse. It tastes like cat pee from a cat that drank a bunch of coffee. And asparagus. That's what we're dealing with here.


Now, to find someone to palm it off on....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! Just attempting to try this whole posting thing again. Hope it works this time. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess it was just my work computer! Yah. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...my computer at work is flaky too. I think it's a conspiracy :) Happy Friday, too!

    ReplyDelete