Friday, February 10, 2012

Now that I've started a blog, I've also started a list of potential blog topics. This is very important. I am definitely a list maker and my iPod is chock full of notes that are my lists. Every once in a while, I go through them to clean them out, but then I find lists that I forgot about and then I lose track of the whole cleaning-out process. So I have about 50 lists on there, right now.


Sometimes when people see the list of my lists, they make comments like, "Wow. Do you USE all of those?" To which I generally feel like replying, "Yes. Do you use all of your big old butt?" I don't ever say that, though, because I'm no longer in fourth grade and those kind of comebacks are no longer effective. Come to think of it, my general "your mom" comeback probably isn't effective, either, but I find it so hilarious that I don't think I'll ever stop using it.


I keep a list of all of the books I've read from the library. Not from my house, because I've read all the books I own so that would be silly, but I do keep another list of each author that I really love so I can make sure that if I buy a book of theirs, I don't already have it. I also keep an ongoing grocery list, divided up into the four main stores that I go to. I keep another list that is just clothing items that I need to get at some point, and another list of house projects that I'd like to do. My favorite list is the one where I list possible cleaning projects that I might overlook occasionally, so they don't get forgotten. You know, stuff like dusting the closet doors and cleaning my record collection.


And now I've just listed some of my lists for you. Isn't that a beautiful thing? I feel no list shame; I really enjoy having my stuff all lined up. I also hang and fold my clothes by color (rainbow order...works every time) and arrange my socks and underwear in the drawer by when I wore them last, so they each get worn the same number of times (I also arrange our towels, sheets and dishcloths the same way). I think Martha Stewart would be proud. In addition, I alphabetize my books (within their category, as each category is on a separate bookshelf) and CDs. Now I'm just bragging, but I do love to alphabetize.


So, as you can imagine, it gets pretty wild around here on weekends. As it is Friday, I wish you all a good weekend. A weekend that's full of lining things up, dusting them, and arranging them in color and/or alphabetical order. Awwww yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh!



No comments:

Post a Comment