Thursday, February 23, 2012

Some days, you look out the window and you see something that makes you laugh until your stomach hurts. Yesterday was that day at my house.


So I'm watching some Murder, She Wrote (in my opinion, one of the eightiesest shows to come out of the eighties, not to mention that J.B. Fletcher is the coolest person in history) when this huge furniture truck drives into the cul-de-sac. I, of course, take a look, because, first of all, I'm one of those people who spies on my neighbors from my window, but also because I know his truck has driven two hours to get here and the two houses next to us are vacant. The owners have moved and no one has bought them, so there's no way any legitimate traffic other than realtors and lookers should be at those houses. So I watch to see what the guy will do.


He backs his huge truck into our next-door neighbor's driveway and unloads a bedroom set that looks like it weighs about a thousand pounds. Really big, massive stuff, and he does it all by himself, as he has no helper, which is kind of weird, but hey, whatever works. He then walks up to the front door and rings the bell. He stands there for about five minutes in the freezing cold, then looks through his little stack of papers, hits himself in the forehead, and starts loading the truck. 


Wait. It gets better.


He then proceeds to pull out of the driveway and performs some very complex maneuvering to pull into the driveway of the other vacant house on the street. Huge truck, small space. It takes him like ten minutes. After he gets into the driveway, he gets out of his car and does the same exact thing he did before. He unloads all the furniture onto the driveway, then goes up and rings the doorbell. Stands there for ten minutes.


Meanwhile, I'm dying. I don't know where the address he was supposed to deliver to is, but I'm guessing he's on the wrong street because after about ten minutes he grabs his papers, looks at them, shakes his head, and walks out towards the end of the street (where the street sign is). A couple of minutes later he comes walking back, looking super irritated, loads his truck up slowly, and drives away.


You thought you had a bad day yesterday? I'm pretty sure this guy wins. Mr. Furniture Delivery Guy, I hope your day got better, and that you learned the lesson that you should never unload your furniture in the driveway before ringing the doorbell and making sure it's the right house. You should really never do it twice in a row.


I feel so much less stupid now, you wouldn't believe it.

1 comment:

  1. Really loving your blog. Makes me laugh every time.

    ReplyDelete