Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Well, it being February 29th and all, I'd bet that today is going to be pretty magical. I try to approach most days like that, even though I am an eternal pessimist, but today will be magical, for sure.


How do I know? Well, you see, I think one of my parents told me something about magic happening on Leap Day when I was a kid. I'd call them and ask what it was, exactly, but they never remember the crap they told me when I was little. I say "crap," because that's what most of it was. I tried to kiss my elbow to see if I'd really turn into a boy until I was 10. I thought I'd grow up to be a fairy princess until, well, I'm still working on that one. Also, Sleeping Beauty? That happened. For real. Don't believe me? I've got the book and it has pictures, my friend.


So today will be magical. I'm pretty sure I remember that it's a ladies' choice day, so if you want to ask someone out on a date, do it today. The person pretty much has to say yes. It's the rule, and if they don't believe you when you tell them that, just show them this page. It's on the internet, so you know it's official. I think I remember something about Leap Year not being good for sheep, as well, so keep that in mind.


Back to the magic, though. I don't know if the magic is specific, like that everyone will get a wish today, but that's what I'm aiming for. I'm going to wish all day for the same thing and see if it happens. I won't say what I'm wishing for, because then for sure it won't happen, but my neighbors better watch out, because there's going to be a lot more noise and flying going on in my backyard. 


I notice that Disney is doing a special 24-hour opening for Leap Day, as well. That does not sound very magical to me. It sounds like, round about 3 a.m., there will be a lot of very grumpy pirates manning the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and a lot of screaming babies, and a lot of drunk 21-year-olds. Yay. I want to go to THAT. I think Disney is losing sight of what's really magical, like sending me free tickets to go there, or maybe giving me free cotton candy and McDonald's fries when I'm there, or even buying me a hot tub. Don't those things say, "Magic!" to you? I know, I'm way better at this kind of stuff than they are. I think it's probably because, as a child, I was convinced that I was really a fairy princess that was brought to live with my family as a baby so that I could claim my magical powers and Pegasus when I figured out the secret.


I haven't figured out the secret yet, but when I do, it's going to be fantastic. I can go for rides on Pegasus and we'll go to the rainbow and see the leprechauns and then maybe stop for ice cream. You know, whatever we feel like. We won't be on a schedule.


No, I am not on drugs. It's the magicness of the day.


Don't forget to make a wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment