Friday, April 27, 2012

Yes, this is going to be another page about fashion disasters. The disaster of the day, though, is limited to a certain group of people: Older women who wear loose, short shirts without the necessary undergarments, letting certain parts of their bodies stick out from the bottom of their unfortunate clothing choice.

Yep. The dreaded "boobs coming out the bottom of the shirt" dilemma. What to do? I want to look away, but it's such a train wreck that I can't. I want to say something, but I figure once you get past 70, you've pretty much decided on a look, and I support your choice to just go for it.

I still don't want to see those nips peeking out at me from the bottom of your shirt, though.

For those of you who aren't completely clear on what I'm talking about, or haven't seen it for yourself, here is an example from South Park:

Pretty sure if my mom reads this, she's going to be dying by this point. Anyhow, THAT'S what I mean. Guess how many times I saw that this week? Eight. EIGHT TIMES. I counted. So disturbing.

What can we do about this? I'm afraid the answer is: Nothing. Nada. As long as there are loose crop tops available and no one to force these women to hold those bad boys down, it's going to keep happening. Personally, I'm all for letting yourself be free. I can dig the whole "women's lib" 1960s attitude, and I don't particularly love the wires digging into me, either, but you have to think of the children. Do you want to be responsible for warping their little minds? I think not.

Seriously, though, I feel like I need to market a line of brain bleach to help people like me forget that they've seen this monstrosity. Just, ew.

Hopefully, you'll all have a happy, boob-beneath-the-shirt free weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment