Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Today is my mom's 60th birthday. That is a big one. We thought for weeks and weeks about doing something really big for her, but nothing ever seemed to work out, so we decided to do what she likes best: Let her pick her own birthday.


For me, that would suck. I always have to pick my own birthday, because I tend to be the member of the family who plans everything out, but I love surprises. The whole fun part about birthdays and other holidays where you get a present is the part where you know you're getting something, but you don't know what it is. That's almost better than getting the present. Well, for me. Not so much for my mom.


So, I will be spending my morning making my first lemon meringue pie (I'm kind of a master at pie crust, but I've never made this kind of pie before, so we'll see). That's what she wants for her birthday dessert, so that's what she's getting.


I personally want a Baskin-Robbins chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake. With chocolate cake. However, since we don't have a Baskin-Robbins here any more, I guess I'll be out of luck.


Alright, enough stalling. I must go make the pie. Maybe, if it's pretty, I'll take a picture of it. If it's ugly, I won't, but you can imagine it. I can just feel the excitement in the air...

No comments:

Post a Comment