Thursday, April 26, 2012

We really need a National Day like they have in Norway. Where we all wear lederhosen and drink beer and eat lots of cheese and roll cake. (I've been watching Lilyhammer a lot lately and this may have influenced my decision a wee bit.)

Norway looks like it's freaking awesome. The scenery is amazing, everyone's really friendly, they all have pretty bad teeth, so those of us with less-than-perfect chompers don't have to feel self-conscious, AND they have a whole day where everyone's really patriotic and wears old-timey outfits. (Not loving the whole mega-government thing, but let's skip over that whole issue, shall we?)

I know we have the Fourth of July holiday, but I don't see anyone wearing those kinds of outfits. We do have the drinking beer part and firecrackers and maybe, just maybe, a barbecue that may or may not have cheese and/or roll cake, but is it the same? I think not.

Maybe we just need more holidays involving costumes. Like just adding Halloween to every other holiday but not necessarily spooky.

I think I'm going to dress up as an old-west cowboy on the Fourth this year, and I encourage all of you to do the same. It's patriotic, goshdarnit!

Oh, and make me a roll cake. And a cheese plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment