Friday, April 6, 2012

Okay, people. Really. Come on.


You know that Tina Turner song, "We Don't Need Another Hero" from that Mad Max movie? Well, it's a lie. We do need a hero. We need a special kind of hero that can edit other people's mistakes out of advertisements and mailers. I think even Tina Turner would agree with me on that one.


Misspellings in things are driving me nuts. Not that I wasn't already halfway there, but this is ridiculous. Yesterday, I got my Premium Shopper's Guide in the mail, and I can't even tell you how many coupons say, "...of equal or lessor value..." Lessor? Really? You sure that's the spelling you want to go with? This is a pretty big mailer, and you'd think they'd at least have some sort of an editor, but I guess not. At least not one that knows that lessor does not mean what the advertisers want it to mean, unless they're giving the value only to people who grant leases.


There was also a huge, 1-page ad for a pizza place that informs us all that they are, "better then the rest!" Yep. Apparently, the better part only applies to their pizza.


Argh.


I realize that in everyday situations, people don't feel that they need to know the difference between their, they're and there, and other common misspellings, but THEY DO. Please learn. For the love of Mike. (Yeah, I went there. It bothers me that much.)


There was one typo I saw yesterday that I loved, though. It wasn't a misspelling; rather, it was a word that snuck in that the typist must not have seen. It was in the mailer that our church sends out and it was the word "tit" where they meant to put "it" and it made my day. Hahahahaha. 


Yes, I am four, and yes, I did laugh about it all day. I'm still laughing about it. That's what makes me so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment