Thursday, December 13, 2012

Yep, another Christmas-themed blog. In honor of the fact that I only got about three hours of sleep last night, largely because one of these songs was playing itself over and over and over in my head, I'd like to share my top ten Christmas songs with the world. Or with my husband, my sister and some friends of my mom. You know, with whoever's got ten minutes and no work to do.

10. Jingle Bell Rock as sung by Wayne Newton. Is he a man? Is he K.D. Lang? I don't know, but the creepiness factor makes it ever so much more enjoyable.

9. The Little Drummer Boy as sung by Roger Whitaker. Okay, really anything sung by Roger Whitaker. I think my mom may have a crush on him, because my mind instantly reverts to being about five and listening to this a ton in our Ford station wagon and my mom being all mega-happy and whatnot.

8. Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer as sung by Burl Ives. For the same reason as the above.

7. Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer Mambo as performed by Billy May. It's amazing, and I'm pretty sure those guys were super drunk. All of the time. And that's what Christmas is all about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2cGIju_euU

6. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year as sung by Andy Williams. Because I know he's wearing those sweet white polyester slacks.

5. White Christmas as sung by Bing Crosby. Come on. It's awesome.

4. Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo song from South Park. It's gross, offensive and rude. Just like my family.

3. Snow as sung by Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen. First of all, Vera-Ellen makes me feel so large and in charge that this song almost acts as an appetite suppressant. Almost. Secondly, if you replace the "w" in the title with a "t" and you sing the whole song like that, it's hilarious. Well, if you're perma-10 like me, it is.

2. Silver Bells as sung by Ann Murray. I think my mom must've loved her like crazy, because I remember hearing her a lot and buying my dad a soap-on-a-rope at the uptown pharmacy during a snowstorm while this song was playing. It's my Christmas-y-est memory ever.

1. Christmas in San Francisco as sung by Vic Damone. Two words:  Barbecue pork. Try it out...you'll enjoy the cheese. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA_0cvyh3oE

In addition to these songs, I also love everything ever done by Johnny Mathis and Perry Como. If those two ever did a duet, I would probably die from the amazing.

I'm so excited for Christmas. Eeeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment