Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I have to go in to work this morning. My husband does not. While I am glad for him, I am very very sad for me. Therefore, I am trying to be a grown-up and reminding myself that it's only for a short day.

Plus, my mother-in-law said something to me yesterday that made me feel like a turd for grumbling. And she was totally right. I said, "Well, I have to go in to work tomorrow, so I won't get to be off with my husband, having a pajama day. Oh, well." Then I laughed. Then, she said, "Oh, how lucky for you! It's such a blessing to have a job to go to." (No sarcasm...she really meant it.)

And she's totally right. I am lucky to have a job, even if it means not having extra days off at Christmas. Lots of people would love to have my job.

So I will shut up now. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and got some extra sleep, which is, as we all know, the best gift of all...besides this:


Yep. I got that. It's just as shiny and orange as it looks. Ah, merry Christmas to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment