Friday, September 14, 2012

There are pretty much two kinds of people in the world: People who think everything's their fault, and people who think nothing's their fault. Oh, and my Dad, who is actually fairly balanced so he doesn't enter into the equation (but he doesn't read my blog anyway, so he doesn't count).

Anyhoo, I encounter a lot of the "it's not my fault" people in the course of my life and jobs and what have you. I am one of the "it is my fault, completely, and I'm going to obsess about it until I annoy the crap out of everyone around me" people, so you'd think I would just accept their blame and everyone would be happy about it, right?

Oh, heck no.

See, it's not my fault that you (and/or your kid) need work done and you can't afford it and you knew about that before you had the (unnecessary) work done and then decided not to pay for it. I had absolutely nothing to do with that. I also had nothing to do with the fact that you signed up for a year of lessons and then all of a sudden decided not to come back and not to call and let me know, regardless of the fact that you signed an agreement to give me four weeks of notice.

Yeah, not my fault.

So when you call me and either yell at me about it, or tell me your problems and try to gain my sympathy, neither is going to happen. Just not at all. See, I don't do those kinds of things. If I can't afford for work to be done, I either put it on a credit card, if it's an emergency and I have no choice, or I don't do the work, or if I couldn't do either, I'd explain my situation up-front and see if payment plans were available. And as for not honoring agreements for things I've signed up for? No way. Just no fricking way (I love how spell-check always changes the word fricking into the word frisking...that is great).

And if I seem a little self-righteous, as though I never make mistakes, it's because I don't. So you read me totally right, there. You should probably bow down to me right now, or maybe make me a cake. Whatever.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment