Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My house is disgusting. It needs to be cleaned. Today. Right this minute, in fact. So why am I sitting at my computer?

Well, mostly because it's 6 a.m., and I'm pretty sure I should at least wait until my husband leaves for work before I free the beast. That's what cleaning is like at my house.

It's not that cleaning makes me grumpy; in fact, I like it, but I don't ever do anything requiring dusting or strong chemicals starting 3 days before singing for people, since my allergies will kick in with a vengeance after disturbing the dust that seems like it settles on all of my crap approximately five seconds after I finish dusting. Therefore, I haven't been able to do my weekly stuff and I'm FOUR DAYS overdue. Four days.

Argh.

Having finished all of the appley goodness, I am now in full-on craft mode, and I resent anything that gets in the way of my crochet time. Housecleaning definitely gets in the way. So does work, and so does everything else. I realize that I have a crafting date tonight with my sister, so that will at least mean a good solid hour or two of time, but I think maybe there's a conspiracy to make fewer hours happen each day, so I effectively have only 23 or even 22 hours in which to eat, sleep, eat some more, craft, work, sing, go for my stupid walk, eat some more, especially pineapple popsicles, which are flipping awesome, and then craft some more. And then have a snack.

I really think this has happened, because there is no way I've gotten eight hours of sleep at any time in the recent past. Maybe seven, on occasion, but not eight. This then causes me to write long, rambling blog posts about mundane aspects of my everyday life. What the cuss. That's completely insane, right?

Nope. It's definitely a less-time conspiracy. Started by the same people who conspired to make unicorns go extinct and to give cake so many calories and to make soda so delicious, even though it's horrible for you (and your teeth). Yep. It's real. No doubt about it.

I'm a believer. Those turds need to be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment