Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Every person has his or her own way of coping with stresses, but I have my own unique way to get through the day: Crop dusting.

That's right, if I feel a rumbly in my tumbly and I'm in a location where there are other people about, I try to think of a creative way to make my day (and, hopefully, everyone else's day) a little brighter.

What is crop dusting, you may ask? Well, I learned about this hilarious form of entertainment several years ago, in a bar, and ever since, I've used it as much as possible. Basically, when a person has to cut the cheese, he or she walks to another location, preferably one where there are other people, takes care of business, then walks away. It doesn't really work if everyone hears that it's that person breaking wind, but if she's in a noisy environment, or the output is too quiet to be heard, it's outstanding. No one knows who the culprit was, and that person gets to laugh as the realization of what just took place registers on all of those smiling faces.

Ha ha ha....farts are nature's punchline.

Anyhow, I like to take advantage of a situation where I have a window that leads to a hall, and several people who walk down said hall at set times each day. Yep, sometimes I get to go out into the hall and leave a gift there for a certain person. A certain person who goes and fouls up the bathroom a billion times a day. It makes it a little funnier for me, because I've had to get smacked in the face by what she leaves behind (a billion times), so I'd say it evens up a score. A bit.

When the timing works, which is about 3/4 of the time, it's priceless. Watching someone walk directly into that is hilarious. I realize this whole post makes it seem like I may be a ten-year-old boy, but I'm not. Well, maybe I am. Or maybe the whole thing's just a lie I made up to fill up a blog post. Maybe everything I write about in this blog is a lie, and you just want to believe it because it makes you feel superior because I'm a wee bit insane.

Or maybe, just maybe, you know deep down in your heart that farts are hilarious, no matter what age you are. I think they could, maybe, save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment