Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yesterday had to be one of the longest days in history, probably because I couldn't see properly for several hours of it because of have my eyes dilated. We went to our eye checkups in Albuquerque. Why on Earth would we go that far (two hours each way to where this doctor works from where our house is)?

Because he's a grumpy old guy, and we dig that.

Plus, my husband and I had both heard something about our personal ocular health that we asked him about, and he got all angry and said the other doctors were full of it and totally wrong. Which was fun.

So, my big news is two-fold: First of all, I have a recurrent ocular erosion, not allergic pink-eye, so the other doctors were wrong about that (which is awesome, because I had this paranoia about it being the kind of pink-eye that's contagious one of the times, and then I'd give it to everybody, even though that never happened), and I have to use eye goop in my eye. Forever. Which is a long time and kind of freaks me out, but I have to say that my eye never felt as comfortable as when I was using the nightly eye ointment for the injury I got in it when I was on vacation. So, yeah, I have really dry eyes, which is no big surprise, mostly since I live IN THE DESERT.

(Yeah, people get all antsy about the lack of precipitation and I just think, "Really? Why worry about that? A: You're not a scientist, so you're not going to help solve the problem, B: You can't really do anything about the weather, and C: YOU LIVE IN THE DESERT. Calm down." I don't, of course, say that, because that would be a wee bit bitchy, but that's pretty much where my brain goes.)

Okay, so the other big piece o'news? Glasses. Yeah, my vision's a little worse, and what with the recent eye injuries and the fact that my work gives me a headache, I should probably wear some a little more often. So I went and picked me out a pair from the Costco (not the sweet ones that make me look like Tootsie, though).

And then I got home and Googled my frame choice to see if I got a good deal, and I discovered that I bought men's glasses. Great choice, me. Oh, well. They're awesome and I might actually wear these ones more than once a week. Maybe. If I can handle the weirdness of talking to people through glass.

The point of this story? Why are you reading my blog for a point? There isn't one; I was just excited about my new glasses. Geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment