Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I can't believe I was so reluctant to try Pinterest, and I can't believe I only started using it eight (or so) months ago. It has, officially, taken over what I used to call my life.

I mean it. I can't stop.

People like me, who can't sit still for more than five minutes because they get ants in their pants (not literal ants; that would indicate a lack of house-cleaning, and I'm not down with that) should never, ever, ever get started on Pinterest.

Yep, I've pinned about 500 crafts to try, and so far I've done about a quarter of them. I've already done four this week, and it's only Tuesday morning.

My secret? No sleep.

That, and getting up super early and working straight through the day, and trying to ignore Netflix, which is constantly calling, and any real work (you know, that kind you get paid money to do).

Too bad I have to work in the office so many days per week, or else I'd have so much crafting time. SO MUCH.

It's days like this that I realize that I have not, contrary to popular belief, turned into my Mother so much as I've turned into my Dad's Mom. Indeed. The woman could not sit still for more than a second, and I don't think she ever actually sat at the table for a full meal. However, I haven't reached her level of über-perfect-perfectyness with anything, so I have to keep going.

Oh, except my chocolate cream pie. That mofo is heavenly and definitely perfect. Got to get working on my doilys, though. Why try to make a perfect doily? Because I can, yo. I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment