Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Apparently, there are some people who can look at something they've made and say things like, "I know. It's so beautiful. I really think it looks perfect."

Not me so much.

However, I did go to a store this weekend and see some other hand-sewn merchandise, and when I inspected the seams, not only weren't they perfect, they weren't even as straight and neat as mine.

Which made me feel better for a fraction of a second, until I realized that maybe she is just a bad sewer and other people probably don't sew as crooked as she does. Or as I do.

Argh.

I'm trying, but I think I have some sort of mental deficiency when it comes to straight lines. I swear. I can put in zippers just fine and I'm really good with buttons and curves around corners, but sewing that straight line around the edges to finish something off drives me bananas.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Anyhoo, I guess since I'm trying not to be perfect, this is just fine, but I don't think I like it very much. I just have to keep remembering her seams. So, so crooked, but the bags, overall, were really nice and I wouldn't even have noticed if I wasn't being nitpicky.

Plus, I like to imagine that she's also fatter than me, is also growing out her hair, so it looks like a very hairy accident happened on her head, like me, and she has horrible body odor.

That would put me over the top, and it is, after all, a competition. 

Or maybe that's just in my head, but does it really matter? If I decide it is, it's real. Game on, anonymous lady, game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment