Wednesday, June 6, 2012

There's a moderate amount of excitement in my house on any given day. I get pretty worked up about most things, and I tend to be really enthusiastic about anything I like. For instance, if I'm teaching a student a new piece and I really like it, I get kind of dorky about it. I hope it's entertaining for them.


This morning, my excitement about the mundane seems to have bitten me on my bum.


First of all, I am loading CDs onto my computer, bit by bit, which has taken me two years so far and I'm still only halfway done. We've got a lot of CDs, but I also conveniently forget about this little project and stop doing it after loading approximately three CDs onto my computer, which doesn't get me very far. This time, however, I will endure. Anyway, I found these CDs that I didn't remember owning, which are old copies of an old recording of a symphony that I like a lot, so I was pretty excited about that. My excitement was short-lived, however; I couldn't load it onto my computer. Apparently, the first CD has some sort of fatal error in it and it made my computer go insane and attempt to commit suicide, which meant I had to restart and completely lost all unsaved work.


Yeah, as many times as I've lost work to this kind of thing, you'd think I'd know better, wouldn't you? Not so much.


So, I get that all straightened out, and then I remember that I haven't had my coffee yet. So, of course, I start singing the Folger's song. I don't drink Folger's, but I do have an appreciation for the fine advertising jingles I was subjected to as a child. Plus, singing the ad for a product and then having that kind of product just makes me super happy. So, I walk out to the kitchen and pour my first cup.


Guess who forgot to put coffee in the machine?


At first, I assumed the machine was broken, so it was almost a relief when I realized that I had just forgotten to put in the grounds. Got the water and filter in there, though, but two-thirds of the way just isn't enough.


I haven't learned my lesson. I will continue to get excited about stupid little things. I think maybe I'll sing the diarrhea song from Parenthood for the whole rest of the day. That always makes my day a little brighter, and I like to think it makes everyone who gets to experience it with me a little happier, too.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58YNYqN6lko

No comments:

Post a Comment