Friday, June 8, 2012

I'm pretty proud of the fact that I have survived this week. Not that it's been bad; it's actually been really nice and I've been productive. So I'm tired. Like everyone else on the planet. To celebrate, I'm going to share a list of my ten favorite cereals. Why? Because it's Friday, and I'm tired.


10. Grape-Nuts. I love them, but I don't buy them anymore because my teeth are bad and every time I eat them I feel like all of my teeth are going to crumble. Every once in a while, though, I have to buy a box.


9. Apple Dapples. As I've mentioned previously, it's the best darn generic out there AND you can feel virtuous about eating it, since it has so much fiber.


8. Cocoa Pebbles. They aren't as good as the fruity ones, but the cocoa milk they make totally makes up for it.


7. Honey Smacks. They are just fricking delicious. Plus, they look a lot like the puffed wheat health cereal my mom used to buy occasionally, so I get to pretend I'm being healthy, except these have absolutely no nutritive value.


6. Reese's Puffs. They'd be a lot higher on my list, but they're never on sale, and paying that much for a bowl of cereal sucks out some of the delicious peanutty goodness.


5. Regular Frosted Mini-Wheats. They're like miniature frosted bales of hay, so you can pretend you're a cow while you eat them. I highly recommend mooing, but if you have a weight problem, people might misunderstand and think you're a wee bit crazy.

4. Chocolate Frosted Mini-Wheats. Same as the above, but CHOCOLATE. This is another cereal that rarely goes on sale, so I don't eat it as much as I'd like to; however, when it does go on sale, I clean out the store and eat it for every meal until I run out.

3. Fruity Pebbles. The fruity milk is delicious, and it's pink. The texture is good, it's rainbow-colored, what's not to love? I realize these also have no nutritive value, but I really don't care. They are outstanding.

2. Boo-Berry. Of the three Monstery cereals (Frankenberry, Count Chocula and Boo-Berry), this is by far my favorite. I think it's partially because Frankeberry looks a little unbalanced in his picture on the box, and Count Chocula just makes me sad. I don't know. I just love the blueberry-flavoredness.

1. Lucky Charms. Leprechauns AND marshmallows? Yes, please. They ARE magically delicious, and you know me and magic.

Happy Friday. Happy weekend. Happy happy joy joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment