Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's Thursday. Not quite Friday, but close. Hooray.


I realize that isn't very enthusiastic, but you'll have to manage.


I was thinking, as I was brushing my teeth, about how everybody decided to be a super-mega-thoughtful-profound person way back in the 90s. Because this annoys me, I think I'm going to be as superficial and shallow as possible.


No deep thoughts for me.


Don't people get tired of analyzing the crap out of every thought that pops into their pointy little heads? And this isn't one single person that I know (although I do know a lot of deep people, but they're not deep on purpose, they just happen to be interesting without trying); this seems to be an epidemic. At least, it's a Facebook epidemic. Not that I don't analyze my every thought, but at least I keep it to myself, and don't try to turn it into something that I can use as a Facebooks status, in order to make all my FB friends ooh and ahhh over my super-mega-intelligence.


Now, I am all for inspiration. It's great. It's really wonderful to feel as though you have a higher power working within you, making you a better, more productive, kinder person. Or whatever it is that you want to be. Just don't let it make you think that you're the new Gandhi. You're not. I know the new Gandhi and she's outstanding. 


Really. Just really. Can we all just agree that Facebook is not real life, and it's just a place where we extend the best possible version of ourselves and connect with other people that we may not have time for in the real world? That's all it is, people. You're most likely not going to meet your soulmate on there, and he or she is not going to be impressed because you quote yourself, saying things like, "In order to gain perspective on a situation, you must look at it from above."


I just made that up. Gosh, I'm special.


Maybe I should drink more coffee and write these posts a little later in the day, when I don't feel annoyed at everyone and everything.


Or maybe people are just getting dumber.


This is one of those situations where it's not clear to me who has the problem, but at least I don't take myself too seriously. In case you aren't aware, most of what I put on here is crap, and I know that. I just wanted a magical place to empty the contents of my head, so I can go about my day empty-headed and happy.


I think it's working.



No comments:

Post a Comment