Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wow. I think right now we just can't play nicely together. Anyone, anywhere.

Therefore, I am going to set some ground rules. These are for me, too, because I am not terribly good at certain things, and I also need to work on them:

First, it's none of your business. Actually, very little is your business, except for things that you are actually involved in and not just observing from the outside. So mind your own, let other people mind their own and learn from their own set of consequences just like you're doing in your own life, and butt out. Offering kindness and support is obviously okay, but sometimes we all go too far just because we can't stand to let other people live the way they choose. Just do it.

Secondly, your job is your job. It's not your personal fun time. You have the right not to be enslaved, abused, or forced to work without pay. That's about it. You don't have the right to express yourself or not follow your employer's code of conduct. Seriously, if I said sweatpants and a tube top was the only outfit I felt comfortable in, would that mean that my employer would just have to suck it up and deal? I think not. By the same token, if I just decided one day to not perform significant portions of my job because I didn't want to, should my employer just let me not do my whole job and continue to pay me my whole salary? Again, no. A job is not a right, guys. Humane treatment is, but otherwise, go in there and work your shift, get the job done, and quit griping. There are tons of people out there wanting to take your place for less money. Express yourself on your own time. 

Finally, try to remain calm as we approach election time. The person you like may not get elected, and it's not the end of the world. All of the politicians are probably a little bit good and a little bit bad, because they're human beings, and none of them is going to perfectly match any one person's ideology. So calm down. If Pee Wee Herman ever runs for President, call me. Until then, I really don't care. Stop bashing the crap out of each other because you happen to have different opinions. Grow some manners. Geez.

That is all. Be nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment