Thursday, August 27, 2015

I just wrote an entire post about how disappointed I am in Cookie Crisp, and my iPad just ate it. Just crashed and the whole beautiful thing is gone. Sad times.

I guess I'll have to write it again. Right now.

Except it wasn't really that good, it was more of a warning to people. A warning about the lie that is Cookie Crisp.

I wanted it my whole life. My mom wouldn't buy it, even with brilliant arguments like, "Mother. It's a bowl full of chocolate chip cookies and milk. We need this, like, pronto!" She wasn't having that. We got Rice Krispies instead. A big bowl of loud nothing.

Except I now know that I prefer them to Cookie Crisp, so there you go.

At any rate, when I saw the big generic bags of Cookie Crisp (except these are called Chip Mates), I was pretty excited. I assumed my first bowl would go along with angels singing a duet with kittens, puppies and unicorns on a glittery rainbow. 

It was not. Not at all. It was just okay.

After a twenty-some odd year buildup, I just expected more. More buttery chocolate chip cookie goodness. It was basically a bowl of crispy sugar.

And now I have a ginormous bag of it. Which I will finish, because I don't throw away food.

I also have yet another thing to add to my list of stuff that sucks about being an adult. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment