Friday, May 29, 2015

Holy crap, it's Friday!

I didn't think it would ever get here; in fact, so much has gone down this week that I felt like I got about ten years older. But I guess I really didn't.

I did, however get to a point in my hair growing out time that I need to talk about.

So I haven't cut my hair off since last year. I only got a little trim a month ago, so now my hair is about three inches long. All over. Those of you who have normal hair will not understand. Those of us with this wavy-curly bushy crap will understand the importance of what I'm about to say.

It's getting bad up in here, you guys. BAD.

It's like helmet hair meets soccer Mom hair meets the Dorothy Hamill haircut. All those, plus what we refer to as, "The Otis Wave," because my Grandpa had this crazy wave in the front of his hair, and ever so many of us got that exact same wave in the exact same place. Even my sister, whose hair is completely different from mine, has a bit of it.

But not like this.

It's more like this, except attached to me and not Princess Di:

from digestionsante.com

Yeah. It's pretty much EXACTLY like that, except I can't get it to lie neatly with a part and whatever because that innocent little trim I got last month has proven itself to be a horrible mistake. I knew when she made that comment about my hair being thin that I was in for trouble because, seriously, I'm 36. No one in my whole life has ever used the word thin to describe my hair. It is bushy and coarse and just so, so not thin. So when she said that, I should've just followed my instincts and run out.

I did not. Therefore, this is entirely my fault.

Except that now I can't remember why I had the brilliant idea to grow out my hair in the first place. I think maybe I should just shave my head.

Yep. That sounds like a magnificent idea.

Ugh. I know I won't, but I wish I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment