Tuesday, May 19, 2015

So I'm having a dilemma, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Actually, I know what I'm going to do about it, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing, or if I should just keep going the way things are right now and stop letting my nose be such a pain in my butt. Let me elaborate, as per usual.

For a couple of hours, a couple of times per month, I go to a place and do some work. It's not much, but I really like to be useful, and they tell me it is, so I'm glad to do it. HOWEVER, there is a lady who works a few hours right before I come in to do my few hours, and...

...well...how do I put this nicely?

She smells like a farm animal gave birth, pooped and then died in the hot sun. Yep. She smells that bad.

So, anyway, I do my best to wipe everything down with hand sanitizer and a kleenex when I go in for my shift, but I cannot get that smell out of the chair we share.

And every time I sit down or stand up, I smell it.

And last time I went in, I could smell it on myself after I left.

And I almost died.

At any rate, I have that smell issue where my nose doesn't stop smelling things, even after a long time, so I was also sitting there, gagging every minute or two. I'm sure everyone else wondered what was wrong with me.

It's not like I can say, "Hey, did so-and-so open fifty cans of tuna fish over here, poop in them and leave them to rot for a month in a vat of b.o.?" because that would be inappropriate.

So I have to do something. I can't just leave it the way it is. My plan is to see if I can just come in on a different day. If not, I will have to just not go in at all.

Seriously. It's that bad. I am going in later today, and even though I know she hasn't been there today, I'm still bringing heavy duty antibacterial wipe action with me. Just in case.

Argh.


No comments:

Post a Comment