Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I discovered something new this morning, and I think it may change my life: I love Cinnamon Chex.

If you read this blog frequently, you may have noticed how very much I love cereal, so this might not be a surprise to you. It was, however, a surprise to me, as I never really thought about Chex in that way before, as it's not one of the super-nutritious cereals, but it's not one of the crappy cereals either. It just sort of floats there, in the no-man's-land between the cereals that keep your intestines working and the cereals that make your kids bounce up and down on the couch for three hours, working off their sugar high.

And then I bought a box of Cinnamon Chex.

What?!?

All I can say is, I have partaken of the Honey Nut Chex, and I really, really enjoy them, so when I saw the box of Cinnamon Chex at my store, I thought, "Meh. It doesn't have too much sugar, and I do need a change from the mega box of Multi-Grain Cheerios I'm working on. I'll throw this in my cart."

Except I didn't really throw it in. I placed it inside, ever so gently.

And this morning, when I opened that bad boy and poured myself a bowl, I experienced some cereally deliciousness that I had not been prepared for, what with the lowish amount of sugar. It is like crispy bits of cinnamon, but there are some less cinnamoney pieces and some more cinnamoney pieces so there is some context for your mouth, and you don't lose sight of how delicious the cinnamon pieces are. And it tastes a little bit like Cinnamon Crispas, which are what they used to have at Taco Bell when I was a youngster, and I'm sure contained a ridiculous amount of sugar and chemicals in order to produce such sublime crispyness.

I really hope this isn't a limited-time thing, because if it is, I am going back to that store and clearing that stuff out. For reals.

I also hope that Life cereal doesn't hate me forever, but there is a new contender in town for my cereal love.


No comments:

Post a Comment