Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Alright. I did it. I have joined the rest of the world and gotten myself a smartphone.

Actually, it's an iPhone. A pink one.

I really like the pink color. It's more like a neon orangey pink, and when I was 12 I had a T-shirt that was that color and it had a wheel on it and said "Cherokee." I got to buy my own school clothes that year with my paper route money. I only got two shirts and a pair of pants, but none of them had previously been worn by my sister, so I felt like I was killing it.

At any rate, I can now check my Facebook no matter where I am.

Which is really the only point of a smartphone. Well, I guess email, too, but that's not as fun and sometimes it's nice to just say you can't check it until you get home so you can just be away.

No more of that for me, I guess.

Ha ha ha ha....that is totally a lie. I'm still going to tell people that. Because no one knows....

....wait a minute. I guess they do now. Crap. I blew my own cover.

However, I don't have a case for it yet, so I'm not moving it. I'm putting it on a table that is central in my house and I have the ringer turned up so I can hear it. It's sort of like having a home phone again, except I dropped my home phone all the time and I don't think this one will take that kind of abuse. So, until I get a case, it's going to be home phone time. This feels way more fragile and expensive than my dinky slider phone which, by the way, was supposed to be great for texting but it was the worst phone for texting I've ever had. Seriously. What good does it do you to have an entire keypad if all of the keys are microscopic and you have to spell everything out? It was so much easier using the number pad and having the phone decide what I was trying to say, except when it tried to do abbreviations, and I had to fix the dictionary in the phone so it would learn that I don't do that.

My texts are a little like this blog. I type everything out. All of the words. If one is misspelled, like "gonna" or "yup," you can bet that it's on purpose. For effect.

At any rate, I feel like a really grown-up person today, and I am going to look at all of the interwebs on my phone. All of them. Watch out.


No comments:

Post a Comment