Friday, October 10, 2014

Well, the new bed came.

Aaaaaaaaaand it's broken.

See, the kids who delivered it came and while they were taking it our of the truck, they dropped the mattress really hard, squarely on one corner. So one corner of the mattress is all bendy and damaged.

Yep. Knew something had to happen to temper that, "I'm so excited I'm going to pee my pants!" feeling.

Then, after the delivery debacle (I had to try to teach a lesson during the delivery because I had a kid already there and they were way early, which pretty much never happens), we left to go uptown to dinner and a movie (which we never do but there was a movie we really wanted to see and it was its last night in the theater) but the road was blocked off from an accident. It took so long to get up there that we were going to miss the movie if we went to dinner, so we got in line at the drive-thru at McD's.

Yep. Sat there, and sat there, and sat there. No movement and we were blocked in. When it became apparent that we were going to miss the movie anyway, we decided to just go and have Chinese food and then go home and watch a movie.

Guess who was at the restaurant? 

Mmhmm. The furniture department manager (who had been out of the office when we called to let them know that the kids left us with a new, busted mattress). Yeah, we talked to him and he was really nice, but it was a wee bit embarrassing.

I don't know why. I just get embarrassed.

So, yeah. New mattress. Slept on it, like it, still want a new one without a broken corner. Not excited anymore, but I am really happy with my new comforter and pillows and things.

Life, you're always killing the excitey stuff. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment