Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I read this interesting article the other day about Renee Zellweger and her face. Now, usually, I think these articles are kind of full of crap, but this one was pretty good, and it made me realize that I am pretty judgmental about elective plastic surgery for women. The whole point of the article was that it's Zellweger's face, and none of us has any right to pass judgment on her for choosing to change it. 

I realized that I do that a lot.

Like, really a lot.

And I probably shouldn't.

I am descended from a long line of pale, pasty people who wrinkle like nobody's business. Apparently, I skipped the vast amounts of grey hair in my 20s gene, but boy, did I get the wrinkles. And right now, I'm in my mid 30s and coping with a lot of water and a tub o' wrinkle cream, but in about ten years, I'm going to have to figure something out. While I don't think I'll go for a face lift, I like to think that I would be able to make that choice without a bunch of people mocking me and making me feel even worse about myself.

Like Renee Zellweger.

So I'm going to try really hard not to be so crappy about the way other people look. It's all my own insecurities being reflected in somebody els's face, anyway. Maybe I should just be nicer.

I can do this. I can do nice.

I can.

I swear.

At any rate, maybe if I'm not such a turd about other women's surgical choices, they won't give me too much crap when I go in for a complete overhaul. Including an everything reduction and a fancy new nose. And eyebrows that will somehow be two inches higher on my face. 

I don't think I'll ever do it, but it's nice to have the option.


No comments:

Post a Comment