Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Every morning, when I'm reading emails and playing Criminal Case on Facebook (don't judge…it's awesome) while I'm having my coffee, I take a look at the ads lining either side of my page. I realize they see what kinds of activities you do and what kinds of friends you have, and that's how they target people with the right kinds of ads. However, I keep getting tons of ads for dating services.

It's weird. I get ads for christianmingle.com, and even ads for those hookup-type dating services for gay men.

Not that I judge people who use those; I just don't happen to be looking to hook up with guys, regardless of their orientation, religious or sexual.

Anyway, getting past the weirdness of their choice, they put up pictures of these guys who are supposedly looking to date ladies (or guys…they might be a tad disappointed) and you're supposed to click on the one you think is the cutest.

First of all, not one of them is even remotely cute. Or my type. Second of all, some of them are downright old. Like, my dad's age. Or way too young, like early 20s. Like, maybe too young to drink.

Gross.

Anyway, there's one ad that I get most of the time, and I have named the three guys that pop up. There's Crystal Light, because he has that super blondey stripe in his hair and he looks like he works out a lot; Guy Fieri, because he…well…he looks like an older, thinner Guy Fieri; and finally there's Pablo. I named him Pablo because that's just what popped into my head when I saw his picture. He's the only one in the pictures that doesn't look like a d-bag; however, he also looks like he's about 20 and needs someone to tell him that he's way to young to be looking for a date on the internet. He should probably just go meet girls at work or at school, like normal people.

Why on earth would kids that young be worried about meeting their soulmate? Seriously? You have some time, guys. Worry about getting a job and a car and an education and maybe even about being a good person first.

Anyway, the whole point of this is that Pablo isn't in the ad anymore. And it makes me wonder if he just got fired from the ad agency, or if he really was on their site and he found somebody. And then I wonder why I think about things like this at all, because it looks really ridiculous when I write it all out on a page.

Adios, Pablo. You will be missed. Mostly because they replaced you with a guy who looks like he might've looked like George Clooney if he would've taken better care of his skin and not grown that ridiculous soul patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment