Friday, March 15, 2013

So, we're kind of the dorky family that loves to do trivia. We all have our areas of expertise: My Dad knows, well, everything, and my sister and I have different areas of pop culture covered, along with little weird specialty areas. For instance, if they ever have a question about Tolkien, I'm all over that, and my sister knows so much more about current TV stuff and music stuff than I ever will. My knowledge stops in the 80s.

Oh, and percentages. Thank you, Grandpa, for forcing me to learn how to do percentages in my head. It's actually quite useful.

Anyway, last night we all went and did trivia, and everyone had places where he or she threw in some help, and, although we were in first place at the beginning, we ended up fourth. You may think this was disappointing, but we're pretty sure the calculations were off, since her scoring didn't match up with ours. Also, we beat the table of scientists, so that's pretty cool.

And we had the best team name....just used Fred's Got Slacks and the table of drunken 21-year-old birthday revelers serenaded us with the song.

Felt pretty cool for a minute, then got the question about The Dark Claw right AND the question about the real name of Mount Doom right, and we knew that we really are the coolest family on the planet.

Really. We are. Ask anybody.

And 21-year-olds are annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment