Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I finally got a new phone yesterday. It's about time, too, because mine was fixing to die on me. It actually did die for a while, but then after I activated the new one, I got it turned on so I could at least get all my phone numbers out of it.

It was a long process. Anyhoo, the only really sad thing about losing that phone is that is has a picture of my grandpa on it, that has been transferred from phone to phone, and which is now gone. Argh.

Yep. Lost all my pictures. The ones of my dog, who is not with us anymore, too. That kind of stinks, but if I think about it realistically, none of those pictures were very good anyway. I can also probably take it in to the phone place and see if they can help me get them off my old phone.

Anyhoo....I digress. I bought the highest-rated free phone they had, and it ended up still costing me $30 because, get this, they charge an "upgrade fee" for a power cord and instruction manual.

Seriously.

That is the lamest thing I've heard. Plus, I already had a power cord for this kind of phone jack, so I didn't even end up needing it.

Oh, well. I do like my new phone. It's kind of slidey, which is fun, and it has a full keyboard, which I'll have to get used to for texting, but at least I won't have to manually input long words that aren't in my phone's texting dictionary. You know, words like "sphincter" and "flatulence" and "onomatopoeia."

(Yes, I use words like that in my texts...I also don't use any abbreviations or bad grammar...my texts are a wee bit lengthy, at times.)

I'm still mad about the upgrade fee, though. Maybe I should charge them a fee for the convenience of me paying my bill every month. I'll deduct it from my phone bill and call it a convenience charge, and then when they call me to ask about it, I'll charge them by the minute for how long our conversation takes. I'd bet they'd take care of business a lot faster and not put me on hold for a month if they had to pay for my time.

Ha ha ha. I wouldn't actually do that, but it sounds fun. Ah, well. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment